Monday, June 15, 2009

La Soiree de L'Etrange with Uri Geller on TF1 in France

The Night of the Strange.

One more great show with Uri. It had a big success - market share reached 24.2% over four years and older and 31.7% in the household less than fifty years! TF1 was the leader on this target. And hundreds (if not thousands) of Internet comments and messages to Uri.

It seems this guy is not too old yet!:)))

Well, actually Uri was born to become TV showman. His charisma, his power are remarkable.


I just think Uri Geller made a mistake to become a spoonbender. At first, I've seen already several magicians which are bending spoons better - more impressive, on distance, by one look or some passes. Besides this it is nice to watch spoonbending once, maybe twice, but nobody wants to watch it every day. That's why Uri has to travel all time from one country to another to surprise those who hadn't seen this trick yet. If Uri would choose a little different kind of TV career - maybe a TV hypnotist, a TV compere, etc. it would be better for him and his reputation, and nobody would call him a fraud.

I see public sincerely loves him and I like Uri's modesty - when they make compliments Uri answeres that he is just an ordinary person, not a God. It seems he doesn't suffer from "star illness".

Now I am interested in audience of such shows. Many people wrote that spoons fell (jumped) down from TV. I don't believe that it really had happened because of Uri and show. It would be interesting to make an experiment and ask people to put their spoons on TV during other show, without Uri and watch what will happen. I am almost sure that the result will be the same, spoons will fall - there could be something with balance, electrostatic influence, vibrations or such other things. Not power of mind, I suppose.

Though there was one interesting letter about a spoon which damaged TV:

"Hello, as you all, I attended the show on the TF1 evening the strange.
So I set myself my spoon on my TV, designed my star. But I was very shocked, I could not sleep that night, and I think not even sleep for weeks, because when Uri Geller said one two three, my spoon was starting to dilate and then melt, and finally to disengage to finish in a state of powder, leaving the plastic television track net. While the experience was impressive, I think many people have also experienced the same as me, but my TV very dear to my heart has been severely damaged since the burning of the spoon digging left a 1.5 cm deep and about 3 cm ². In addition, the massive silver spoon is not at all usable."

The author is going to demand compensation and asks to join him writing by e-mail those which property was damaged too.

If the story is true the case is going to be very interesting!

I don't know how to explain this incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment