Saturday, February 14, 2009

De Nieuwe Uri Geller February 13

Dutch show in the mystical date - Friday, 13
Well, not bad, though in general it became a little boring for me. Maybe just for me because as far as I know ratings yesterday were good.

Tooske was nice, I like her dresses with open arms.

As for the acts, most of all I was impressed by Victor - "doctor Victor" which could "read" forethought words by heartbeating, breathing, eyes, etc. I really liked his sick-room and a big screen with eye. It seems to me I understood the moment with eyes - when Eliza said 2 first words she winkled 2 times, when the word "noodlot" - 1, so he could understand it by this change and maybe there was change of her pupil as well.
Eliza is very beautiful girl and I liked camera work, her close up.

Uri said: "Very well done, quite unusual, it didn't blow me away but it was fascinating to me. Good job, doctor". I can say the same. Victor is my new favourite of the show. He is very handsome and charismatic.

Jochem didn't impress me much this time, I absolutely agree with Uri again that something was missing, and the act was not very interesting. Though it looked very beautiful and romantic in the beginning - a date with a pretty girl which he was going to "seduce" at Valentine's Day with candles, her favourite music, drinks, etc. But all the things after ("heartlets" with worms, fire, ice) didn't look essential for the date and obviously couldn't help Jochem to seduce the girl.:)

Michel - "mental detective" showed not bad act - again work with a "witness" which guessed detailes of crime (steal of purse). The act was nice but to show the same again and again - it really becomes boring, and I am glad that Michel is out.

The Mask

I don't believe that Uri Geller did this again - he stopped the act which looked "deadly"!


Uri, what are you doing???!!! When you visit circus you also stop perfomance there? Or these 2 guys (Jan Rouven in German show and The Mask in Dutch) didn't prepare acts and you covered them? And why have you invited Hayashi which showed really dangerous and deadly act with swords and cucumberes???!!! Why didnt' you stop him? It seems to me that Bety's hand was hurted! And obviously she was very scared.
Some words about Hayashi - in the end, I understood where Fugu took "samurai"'s image. Not bad, but can't say that I was much impressed.

Uri Geller's Act
- he sent audience telepathic message with 1 item of 5 which represent Holland. Very good, beautiful act and I even cried that I was right! Yes, windmill! But later I began to think how I got the image, I understood that it was a windmill at the moment when Uri was painting it, BEFORE he sent the mental message. So it could be intuition, not telepathy. As for audience, they could simply guess. I hope next time the task will be more complex.

1 comment:

  1. good review of the show! So strange Mr Mask got thru to the quarterfinals while he didn't perform!

    ReplyDelete